Book Review: Lunch in Paris: A Love Story, with Recipes By Elizabeth Bard


I wrote two reviews about this book and they both disappeared. :-0 Perhaps it is because I don't really have anything nice to say so I shouldn't say anything at all?
This book was not what I expected it to be in the first 1/3 and so I didn't finish reading it. I found myself disliking the author very much as she complained about her terrible life (living as an expat, working in London, and traveling to Paris frequently to see her romantic partner). I just can't get into books that have a main character complaining about how perfect their life is while lacking any sort of self-awareness. *sigh* I'm glad I stopped wasting my time reading it but there is a part of me that wonders if the story improved or if the main character/author became likable or relatable. haha

Popular Posts